New Features in 3ds max 7.5
Hair and Fur—Based on Joe Alter’s highly regarded “Shave and a Haircut” solution, the hair and fur in 3ds max 7.5 software offers numerous styling and dynamics tools for creating realistic hair and other strand-derivative effects. These include:
- Styling tools—brush tool for combing hair and brushing along complicated contours with “re-comb,” as well as support for clumping and frizz for added realism
- Hair dynamics tools—using the dynamics engine of Shave and the dynamic forces of 3ds max to inherit inertia directly from the Skin or any other modifier’s surface movement
- mental ray integration—fast, memory-efficient and direct rendering using the native mental ray hair primitive
- Hair, plus—instanced geometry can be used as individual hairs to easily create forests, fields of flowers and other landscapes
mental ray 3.4—3ds max 7.5 software will feature mental ray 3.4, mental images’ most current version. Each seat of 3ds max 7.5 will provide access to numerous mental ray 3.4 optimizations, including faster final gathering performance, and fast rasterization for first-generation rays.
Visualization Features—3ds max customers in design markets often require a broad cross-section of 3D and visualization tools. With the subscription delivery of 3ds max 7.5, product designers, architects, inventors and others in this space will have the advanced modeling capabilities offered in 3ds max and Autodesk VIZ in a single package.
- Radiosity Adaptive Subdivision—adds adaptive subdivision to the radiosity plug-in, enabling higher quality, more accurate and more efficient radiosity processing
- Batch render—gives users a solution to quickly render a series of stills from different angles, with the option to change render settings and layers in between views
- UVW mapping improvement—place physically-scaled materials onto objects in the scene more easily and accurately with support for real-world measurements
- Sweep modifier—“Loft” a shape or profile along lines or polylines imported from AutoCAD or line work created in 3ds max, even applying pre-set shapes to simple linework
- SceneState—capture object, layer, material, camera and light information as a "scene state” that can be saved and restored at will
- Autodesk Revit® 7 Interoperability—Autodesk Revit users can now create high-quality images of their models with 3ds max 7.5 by importing/linking a Revit model via the DWG format, and having their scene objects correspond directly to individual Revit objects
- Autodesk Inventor® Interoperability—access the Inventor file option directly within the import tool
- DWF export—convey ideas and share designs by exporting models from
- 3ds max 7.5 for viewing with Autodesk DWF Viewer and Autodesk DWF Composer
3ds max 7.5 software is expected to be available in mid-April to customers in the Discreet Subscription Program.