Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Under Development


I have been attempting to finish 2 web development projects that have been in the works for some time. It is funny how each time you get your mind focused on the project at hand how quickly this changes due to circumstances beyond your control. I took some time last week to outline the scope of Project "A" and define each item that needed to be done for completion using MasterList-XL (thanks for the tech support and help Bob, I am anxiously awaiting the full version 2.0). The key item that I hope you take with you after reading this is that the first step to any successful project is planning.

As I mentioned it is easy to get pulled off of your work and now development has been put on hold. I am currently providing a private multi-day ADT/VIZ training session (not bad for a 4 hour notice). So for the remainder of this week Project "A" is on hold. I recently read a great article about development from Joel that explains in a similiar fashion why I am having trouble completing Project "A". It looks like I need to create a solution to this. I plan to write an updated article of some length here soon, perhaps this will make a good topic.

If you have any stories to share or advice, e-mail me.

Happy Rendering...


 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Beau Turner Triple D Design, LLC | Template design by Brian Gardner | Converted to Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com