Monday, August 25, 2003

When Plans Come Together


Before I go any further I have to give a big thank you to the blogger team for helping me with an item that I have been wanting to implement (RSS feed). Their quick response and outstanding customer service needs to be mentioned, thanks again Kimmy.

As you can see with their help we have now added an RSS feed for this blog. After spending a great weekend reviewing how RSS/XML works this is a great start. If you have not used an RSS/XML feed before, I recommend looking into this as the future of communication is coming soon.

Today I attended a seminar on Business Continuity (Emergency Response Planning for Your Businesses) which was put on by Skill Path. This seminar was good for me in particular as the company I am employed by has been dealing with how to continue with business after an event (fire, terrorism, hurricane, flooding, etc...) has occured. This is something that every company should have in place. For me this started out as a plan for getting our network infrastructure up and running if anything should happen. Of course this is an important step in the process, but this is only a part of the overall bigger picture.

Now this should get you thinking about what happens if something happens where you work? How will the business continue to operate if you have a flood? Can we continue to do business as usual if something happens to our CEO (or other mission critical personnel)? These represent just a few of the ideas you need to consider and have a plan for. If you or your company does not have a business continuity plan in place, I recommend you spend some time documenting what your process to recovery will be or better yet attend the seminar to understand this process further.

Happy Rendering...







Blog Archive

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Beau Turner Triple D Design, LLC | Template design by Brian Gardner | Converted to Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com