Sunday, May 23, 2004

Hello Wi-Fi


After spending a week with my new notebook I have been using the wi-fi features and understanding how the whole system works. The nice thing about this is that you can usually get a great signal most anywhere you are (except where I was in Nebraska last week). :)

On my home network I do not have a wi-fi router and after 45 minutes of moving my router and modem to another location so I could snake a network cable to another room to work for a bit, I realized the network cable was about 2 feet short of working. On the off chance I fired up the wi-fi and got a signal (though it says low) and have been using it for the past 4 hours. Cable issue resolved...

Now as for who owns the wi-fi router I am borrowing access from I will have to find out later.

No power cables, no network cables, I love it...

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Beau Turner Triple D Design, LLC | Template design by Brian Gardner | Converted to Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com